Appendix VIII. The Order of the March 1
The Tabernacle of Israel, by George de Charms, 1969
1. The Levites bearing the ark of the covenant.
2. The Army of Judah, consisting of Judah, Issachar, and Zebulon.
3. The Gershonites, plus two wagons drawn by four oxen bearing the curtains of the tabernacle, the hanging of the door and of the gate, the hangings of the court with their cords.
4. The Merarites, plus four wagons drawn by eight oxen bearing the boards, bases, pillars of the tabernacle and of the court with their stakes and cords.
5. The Army of Reuben, consisting of Reuben, Simeon, and Gad.
6. The Kohathites, bearing on their shoulders the furniture of the holy place and of the court, together with their sacred vessels and implements.
7. The Army of Ephraim, consisting of Ephraim, Manasseh, and Benjamin.
8. The Army of Dan, consisting of Dan, Asher, and Naphtali.