Appendix VII. Coverings for the Furniture on the March 1
The Tabernacle of Israel, by George de Charms, 1969
1 Numbers 4.
(Outer covering mentioned first)
SIGNIFICATION OF THE COVERINGS
1. Veil -- The nearest and inmost appearances of rational good and truth in which are the angels of the third heaven. A.C. 25763.
2. Blue linen (Hyacinthine) -- Truth from a celestial origin. S.S. 46e. The celestial love of truth. The good of external innocence. A.C. 9912. The blue thread in the fringe of the garments of the sons of Israel (Numbers 15:38-9). The love of truth held perpetually in the memory. A.E. 5764.
3. Scarlet linen -- The external sense of the Word and what is doctrinal thence. Also employed in connection with the recollection of things. A.C. 94683,7.
4. Purple linen -- The good of the Word, and especially the knowledge thereof. A.C. 92313, A.E. 1184.
5. Kidskins -- Outward goods by which interior things are preserved. A.C. 9471. Exterior coverings. A.E. 10425.